If you are looking for adding Mailchimp Newsletter service Signup form into your website then this tutorial is just for you only. Many of my readers and Magnus7 Pro child theme user asked me about to integrate MailChimp newsletter signup form into Magnus7 Pro Theme. So let’s start with full tutorial on using Mailchimp newsletter signup form into genesis child theme. This tutorial is applicable into every genesis theme or any other wordpress site.
Step 1: Mailchimp Setup
Fist open Mailchimp.com and signup (click Signup button ) for your Free Account. If you already have mailchimp account then just login into your account.
I recommend Mailchimp as this service is free forever for your 2,000 subscribers, you can send up to 12,000 emails per month .
Sign Up for your Free MailChimp Account
Inter your Active Email address, choose your Username and Password and click on “Create My Account” button. After signup you will receive an email to verify your email address. Just login into your email and verify your email by clicking on activation link from mailchimp.You will needed to enter CAPTCHA to confirm your signup. Just Login to your account & Complete your account user information.
After logged into your mailchimp account, setup a List. Your list is what your subscribers will join using the Widget we added to the site at the start of this unit.
- Click Lists in the left navigation column
- Click Create List button in the upper right
- Name your list for your records
- Default from name for emails sent to this list. (Use something that they will instantly recognize, like your company name)
- Default Reply To Email
- Default Subject
- Remind people how they got on your list
- Choose when you want to be notified of new subscribers
- Choose if subscribers have choice of HTML or Plain Text emails, if you don’t want that choice available, do not check the box)
- Click the Save button
Create Signup form for that particular list
Select Embedded forms from the given options.
Get the code snippet
- First select the Naked Tab.
- Second copy/paste the code snippet, which has the components you need to plugin into the Genesis eNews Extended Plugin.
Step 2 : Install enews extended Plugin
This one is very simple step. Just go to New plugin section and search for “enews extended Plugin” word in plugin search box and install this plugin and activate it. This plugin is developed by Brandon Kraft.
Step 3 : Setup enews extended Plugin with mailchimp
Get the Form action url code snippet from signup form which is bold in the code snippet below.